Ayudha Poojai mainly involves the worship of weapons and implements. Hence, special pooja is offered to Goddess Saraswati in every house, office and shop. People worship sorts of tools or implements used in their profession. the tools are decorated with sandalwood paste, vermilion, and sacred ash. The day also involves Vahana (Vehicle) Pooja (ayudha poojai), when one’s vehicle including cycle, bike, car, truck etc., is thoroughly cleaned, painted or polished and decorated the same way as weapons.
At the end of the ritual, a huge white pumpkin, coconut, and lime, decorated with vermilion and turmeric, are smashed in front of the office/shop/house/vehicle.
An importance of the ayudha poojai is underscored in the Hindu Epic, Mahabharata. It is believed that Arjuna worshipped his weapons on this day.
- Bestow immense benefits on many fronts to the individuals and their entire families.
- Control the malefic effects of Shani (planet Saturn).
- Blissful life with abundant health and wealth.
- Can help to minimize or remove the hardships caused by the unfavorable placement of the planet.
- Help overcome hurdles in your day-to-day life.